Dr Tafsirojjaman .
|Position||Postdoctoral Fellow (Civil Composites)|
|Section||Centre for Future Materials (Operations)|
|Phone||+61 7 4631 5553|
|Qualifications||BSc CUET , PhD QUT|
Dr Tafsirojjaman (Tafsir) is a Postdoctoral Research and Teaching Fellow at the School of Civil Engineering and Surveying and Centre for Future Materials (CFM) of the University of Southern Queensland (USQ). He is working closely with industry and government projects to carry out research work in the area of Construction Materials, Structural Rehabilitation and Structural Engineering. He received his Ph.D. degree in Structural Engineering from the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), and BSc in Civil Engineering from the Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology (CUET). He was awarded the “QUT HDR High Achiever Award” and “QUT Outstanding Publication Award” because of his outstanding achievement in his Ph.D. He was also awarded the University Merit Scholarship and Engr. Khurshid Anwar Memorial Award for outstanding results in BSc in Civil Engineering.
Fields of Research (FoR)
Composite and Hybrid Materials
Civil Engineering not elsewhere classified
• Application of FRP composites in Civil infrastructures;
• Structural Retrofitting and Rehabilitation;
• Structural analysis using finite element modelling;
• Durability aspects of concrete and composites;
• General and Composite waste management and green materials;
• Novel methodologies in composite manufacturing.
Research Grants (Total grants received: AU $178k):
• Tafsirojjaman T., Manalo A. (2021), “Structural Behaviour of Stage Truss Systems”, AU$122k innovation connection grant through the AusIndustry Entrepreneurs' Programme, Queensland Government where the VFM Group, Brisbane is the Industrial Partner.
• Tafsirojjaman T., Alajarmeh O., Manalo A., Liu Y. (2021), “Seismic Response of Pultruded Fibre Reinforced Polymer (PFRP) Sections for Resilient Infrastructure” Capacity Building Grant, University of Southern Queensland, 2021-2022, AU$20k (AU$15k from USQ + AU$5k from industrial collaborators Wagners, Toowoomba).
• Alajarmeh O., Ferdous W., Tafsirojjaman T., Burey P., Manalo A., Abousnina R. (2021), “New management and implementation of the industrial FRP composite waste dust” Capacity Building Grant, University of Southern Queensland, 2021-2022, AU$10k.
• Liu Y., Tafsirojjaman T., Manalo A. (2021), “Developing the novel FRP bar”, Seed funding from Beijing University of Technology (BJUT), China, 2021-2022, (50,000 Chinese Yuan).
• Tafsirojjaman T., Fawzia S., Thambiratnam DP. (2017-2020), “Mitigation of Seismic and Cyclic Loading Actions on Steel Structures by FRP Strengthening”, Seed funding managed for experimental works from Queensland University of Technology (QUT), 2021-2022, ($16k).
• Ph.D. (2021) - Queensland University of Technology (QUT), QLD-4000, Australia.
• BSc in Civil Engineering (2014)- Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology (CUET), Bangladesh, 3.83 with Honors (in a scale of 4.0) (85.72% marks) and Merit Position: 2nd among 132 students.
Academic and Research Experiences:
• Nov. 2020 - Present: Postdoctoral Research and Teaching Fellow; University of Southern Queensland, Australia.
• July 2017- Nov 2020: Casual Academic, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), QLD-4000, Australia.
• May 2015 -Jan. 2017: Lecturer, Sonargaon University (SU), Bangladesh.
• May 2016 -July 2016: Researcher, Ministry of Housing and Public Works, Government of People's Republic of Bangladesh.
• Engineering Structures, Elsevier.
• Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier.
• Structures, Elsevier.
• Multidiscipline Modeling in Materials and Structures
• Concrete Institute of Australia
• Australian Earthquake Engineering Society
• Australian Composite Structures Society
• Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE)
• Australian Network of Structural Health Monitoring (ANSHM)
USQ Research affiliations
Centre for Future Materials (CFM)
Institute for Advanced Engineering and Space Sciences (IAESS)
Currently teaching courses/programs
Currently teaching courses:
CIV3506: Concrete Structures
CIV1501: Engineering Statics
CIV3907: Civil Systems Practice
CIV4803: Mechanics and Technology of Fibre Composites
CIV8803: Advanced Mechanics and Technology of Fibre Composites
Previous teaching courses:
At Queensland University of Technology (QUT), QLD-4000, Australia between 2017-2020:
EGB275: Engineering Mechanics
EGB270: Engineering Materials
UXB212: Design for Structure
UXB112: Introduction to Structures
EGB373: Geotechnical Engineering
EGH471: Advanced Water Engineering
Various Civil and Structural Engineering Courses (At Overseas University between 2015-2017)
Research most recent
Three Most Recent Publication:
1. Tafsirojjaman T., Fawzia S, Thambiratnam D, Wirth N,(2021), “Performance of FRP strengthened full-scale simply-supported circular hollow steel members under monotonic and large-displacement cyclic loading”, Engineering Structures 2021;242:112522; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2021.112522.
2. Tafsirojjaman T., Fawzia S, Thambiratnam D, Zhao XL., (2021), “Structural behaviour of CFRP strengthened beam-column connections under monotonic and cyclic loading”, Structures. 2021;33:2689–99. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2021.06.028.
3. Liu, Y., Tafsirojjaman, T., Dogar, A. U. R., Hückler, A. (2021), “Bond behaviour improvement between infra-lightweight and high strength concretes using FRP grid reinforcements and development of bond strength prediction models”, Construction & Building Materials, 270, 121426, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2020.121426.
Research most notable
1. Tafsirojjaman T., Fawzia S, Thambiratnam D, Zhao XL. (2019), “Behaviour of CFRP strengthened CHS members under monotonic and cyclic loading”, Composite Structures 2019;220:592–601. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2019.04.029.
2. Tafsirojjaman T., Fawzia S, Thambiratnam D, Zhao XL., (2021), “FRP strengthened SHS beam-column connection under monotonic and large-deformation cyclic loading”, Thin-Walled Structures, 161, 107518, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2021.107518.
3. Tafsirojjaman T., Fawzia S, Thambiratnam D, Zhao XL., (2020), “Study on the cyclic bending behaviour of CFRP strengthened full-scale CHS members”, Structures, 28 (2020):741-756. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2020.09.015.
Publications in ePrints
Liu, Yue and Xie, Jia-Zhan and Tafsirojjaman, T.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4801-6744 and Yue, Qing-Rui and Tan, Cheng and Che, Gong-Jian (2022) CFRP lamella stay-cable and its force measurement based on microwave radar. Case Studies in Construction Materials, 16:e00824. pp. 1-17.
Liu, Yue and Tafsirojjaman, T.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4801-6744 and Dogar, Attiq Ur Rahman and Huckler, Alexander (2021) Bond behaviour improvement between infra-lightweight and high strength concretes using FRP grid reinforcements and development of bond strength prediction models. Construction and Building Materials, 270:121426. pp. 1-15. ISSN 0950-0618
Al-Fakih, Amin and Hashim, Mohd Hisbany Mohd and Alyousef, Rayed and Mutafi, Ayad and Sabah, Saddam Hussein Abo and Tafsirojjaman, T.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4801-6744 (2021) Cracking behavior of sea sand RC beam bonded externally with CFRP Plate. Structures, 33. pp. 1578-1589.
Duo, Yongyu and Liu, Xiaogang and Liu, Yue and Tafsirojjaman, T.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4801-6744 and Sabbrojjaman, Md (2021) Environmental impact on the durability of FRP reinforcing bars. Journal of Building Engineering, 43:102909. pp. 1-20. ISSN 2352-7102
Bheel, Naraindas and Tafsirojjaman, T.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4801-6744 and Liu, Yue and Awoyera, Paul and Kumar, Aneel and Keerio, Manthar Ali (2021) Experimental study on engineering properties of cement concrete reinforced with nylon and jute fibers. Buildings, 11 (10):454. pp. 1-18.
Research supervisor in the area of:
Composite and Hybrid Materials
Civil Engineering not elsewhere classified