Dr Snezana Stolic
|Position||Senior Lecturer (Nursing)|
|Section||School of Nursing and Midwifery|
|Phone||+61 7 3812 6305|
The views expressed on staff homepages may not reflect the views of the University.
I have more than 24 years of clinical experience in cardiac nursing, working in cardiac wards, cardiac catheter theatre, cardiac surgical intensive care, general intensive units and coronary care. I have worked at many hospitals in Brisbane and Townsville.
For the past 16 years, I has been working in academia, working in universities in QLD and NSW.
In 2004 I completed a Masters in Applied Science where I evaluated an acute pain service for people following cardiac surgical patients. In 2016, I completed a Doctor of Philosophy titled "A randomised control trial of a symptom management education package for people with the acute coronary syndrome". Where I provided 100 patients with an education package on how to manage their symptoms of angina and 100 patients received usual education on the medication glyceryl trinitrate.
I am on the Cardiovascular Expert Node Group Panel for the Joanna Briggs Institute and on the Centaur Memorial Fund for Nurses executive committee. I a member of Council of Cardiovascular Nursing and Allied Professionals, European Society of Cardiology and have published articles, written textbooks and presented at many domestic and international conferences. I have peer reviewed for several international and domestic journals.
Quantitative research design
• Joanna Briggs Institute Evidence Reviewer for Cardiovascular Care Expert Group and the development of evidence based summaries since 2016
• Centaur Memorial Fund for Nurses Executive Committee since 2014
• European Society of Cardiology: Council of Cardiovascular Nursing and Allied Professionals member since 2016
• Australian Cardiac Rehabilitation Association member since 2018
• Leaders in Indigenous Nursing and Midwifery Education Network member 2018
• Australasian Cardiovascular Nursing College Executive committee 2009 - 2016
• Reviewer for Collegian, Nurse Education in Practice and Contemporary Nursing since 2010
NUR2000 Medication Management