Dr Shahab Abdulla
|Position||Senior Lecturer (English Language)|
|Section||USQ College (English Language)|
|Phone||+61 7 4687 5734|
|Qualifications||BSc UoT Baghdad , MSc UoT Baghdad , PhD USQ|
Kurdish (accredited translator)
Arabic (accredited translator)
Dr Shahab Abdulla is Lecturer (Mathematics/Communication). His interdisciplinary interest is in Artificial Intelligence models and Bioinformatics (Health, Energy, Biomedical, Control Systems, Control Science and Sustainable Agriculture) under these Codes (0103) Numerical and Computational Mathematics, (0502) Environmental Science and Management, (0701) Agriculture, (01) Mathematical Sciences and (08) Information and Computing Sciences. Designing expert systems to his research interests, including deep learning, convolutional neural and long- short-term memory network. Dr Abdullas leadership was recognized by many awards. Dr Abdulla served on several committees he was a chair of IEEE conference. Dr Abdulla collaborates with researchers in Middle East, US, Japan, Europe, China, and Canada, delivered over 30 seminars. In last 3 years Dr Abdullas papers were cited more than 200 times. With more than 25 publications (largely in Q1 journals), Dr Abdulla leads the Advanced Data Analytics Modelling Research Simulation Group, as Principal and Associate Supervisor of more than 10 PhD/Masters HDR students. Dr Abdulla has supervised more than 5 PhD/Masters Thesis/Dissertations, and examined a number of Thesis locally and overseas. Expression of interests from potential higher degree applicants to study in Dr Abdullas Group are particularly welcome.
Fields of Research (FoR)
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Biomedical engineering (DoA), Complex Medical Engineering, Networked system, Intelligent control, Computer Control Systems, Robotics and Mathematics Research.
Research most recent
1. ABDULLA, S. A. and Wen, P. (2011) ‘Robust internal model control for depth of anaesthesia’, Int. J. Mechatronics and Automation, Vol. 1, No.1, pp.1–8.
2. ABDULLA, S. A., WEN, P. & RICHARD, G. 2009. Convection drying process modeling and simulation study based on tomato. International Conference on Robotics, Informatics, Intelligence Control System Technology (RIIT 2009). Bangkok, Thailand: Robotics, Informatics,Intelligence Control Technology Society RITS)
3. ABDULLA, S. A. & WEN, P. 2010. Depth of anesthesia control using internal model control techniques. IEEE/ICME International Conference on Complex Medical Engineering (CME2010). Gold Coast, Australia: IEEE.
4. ABDULLA, S. A., WEN, P. & XIANG, W. 2010. The design and investigation of model based internal model control for the regulation of hypnosis. IEEE International Conference on Nano/Molecular Medicine and Engineering (IEEE-NANOMED 2010). Kong Kong/Macau, China: City University of Hong Kong.
5. ABDULLA, S. A. & WEN, P. 2011, Depth of Anaesthesia Patient Models and Control, IEEE, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China,
6. ABDULLA, S. A. & Wen, Paul & Landers, Richard and Yousif, B. F. (2011) Fruit drying process: analysis, modeling and simulation. Scientific Research and Essays, 6 (23). 4915-4924.
7. ABDULLA, S. A., WEN, P. (2012) The effects of time-delay on feedback control of depth of anesthesia. Paper presented at the 2012 IEEE-EMBS International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI 2012), Hong Kong, Shenzhen, China.
8. ABDULLA, S. A., WEN, P. (2012) Depth of anaesthesia control investigation using robust deadbeat control technique. Paper presented at the 2012 ICME International Conference on Complex Medical Engineering (CME 2012), Kobe, Japan, pp 107-111.
9. Galligan, Linda and Wandel, Andrew and Pigozzo, Robyn and Frederiks, Anita and Robinson, Clare and Abdulla, Shahab and Dalby, Tim (2013) Students' mathematical preparation Part A: lecturers' perceptions. In: 9th Delta Conference of Teaching and Learning of Undergraduate Mathematics and Statistics 2013: Shining Through the Fog, 24-29 Nov 2013, Kiama, Australia.
10. Dalby, Tim and Robinson, Clare and Abdulla, Shahab and Galligan, Linda and Frederiks, Anita and Pigozzo, Robyn and Wandel, Andrew (2013) Students' mathematical preparation Part B: students' perceptions. In: 9th Delta Conference of Teaching and Learning of Undergraduate Mathematics and Statistics 2013: Shining Through the Fog, 24-29 Nov 2013, Kiama, Australia.
11. Wandel, Andrew and Robinson, Clare and Abdulla, Shahab and Dalby, Tim and Frederiks, Anita and Galligan, Linda (2015) Students’ mathematical preparation: differences in staff and student perceptions. International Journal of Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education, 23 (1). pp. 82-93. ISSN 2200-4270
Al-Shemarry, Meeras Salman and Li, Yan and Shahab, Abdulla (2018) Ensemble of adaboost cascades of 3L-LBPs classifiers for license plates detection with low quality images. Expert Systems With Applications, 92. pp. 216-235. ISSN 0957-4174
Publications in ePrints
Miften, Firas Sabar and Diykh, Mohammed and Abdulla, ShahabORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1193-6969 and Siuly, Siuly and Green, Jonathan H.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1468-1970 and Deo, Ravinesh C.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2290-6749 (2021) A new framework for classification of multi-category hand grasps using EMG signals. Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, 112:102005. pp. 1-14. ISSN 0933-3657
Al-Hadeethi, Hanan and Abdulla, ShahabORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1193-6969 and Diykh, Mohammed and Deo, Ravinesh C.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2290-6749 and Green, Jonathan H.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1468-1970 (2020) Adaptive boost LS-SVM classification approach for time-series signal classification in epileptic seizure diagnosis applications. Expert Systems with Applications, 161:113676. ISSN 0957-4174
Moishin, Mohammed and Deo, Ravinesh C.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2290-6749 and Prasad, Ramendra and Raj, Nawin and Abdulla, ShahabORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1193-6969 (2020) Development of Flood Monitoring Index for daily flood risk evaluation: case studies in Fiji. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment. pp. 1-16. ISSN 1436-3240
Diykh, Mohammed and Li, Yan and Abdulla, ShahabORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1193-6969 (2020) EEG sleep stages identification based on weighted undirected complex networks. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 184 (Article 105116). pp. 1-14.
Miften, Firas Sabar and Diykh, Mohammed and Abdulla, ShahabORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1193-6969 and Green, Jonathan H.ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1468-1970 (2020) Epileptic Seizures Detection Based on Non-linear Characteristics Coupled with Machine Learning Techniques. In: Frontiers in Clinical Drug Research: CNS and Neurological Disorders. Frontiers in Clinical Drug Research, 7. Bentham Science Publishers Ltd., Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, pp. 23-39. ISBN 9789811447501