Dr Prajwal Gyawali
|Position||Lecturer (Medical Laboratory Science)|
|Section||School of Health and Wellbeing|
|Phone||+61 7 4631 2845|
|Qualifications||BScMLT BPKoiralaIHS , MScClinBiochem Tribhuvan , PhD Charles Sturt|
Fields of Research (FoR)
Public Health and Health Services
Cardiovascular Medicine and Haematology
Health Services And Systems
Cardiovascular Medicine And Haematology
Acute stroke and stroke recovery, Haemorheology, Stress and Resiliency, Applied public health (cardiovascular diseases)
Australian Institute of Medical Scientists
Currently teaching courses/programs
BIO3209 Pathology 2
BIO3215 Clinical Biochemistry 2
BIO2215 Clinical Biochemistry 1
Research most recent
1) Hinwood M, Ilicic M, Gyawali P, et al. Exploration of stress management interventions to address psychological stress in stroke survivors: a protocol for a scoping review. BMJ Open. 2020;10(3):e035592. Published 2020 Mar 26. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2019-035592
2) Gyawali P, Chow WZ, Hinwood M, et al. Opposing Associations of Stress and Resilience With Functional Outcomes in Stroke Survivors in the Chronic Phase of Stroke: A Cross-Sectional Study. Front Neurol. 2020;11:230. Published 2020 Apr 22. doi:10.3389/fneur.2020.00230
3) Pokhrel, A., Gyawali, P., Pokhrel, B., Khanal, M., Manandhar, D., Bwititi, P., & Nwose, E. (2019). Prevalence of Cardiovascular Risk Factors among Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis in a Tertiary Care Center, Kathmandu, Nepal. Nepal Medical College Journal, 21(4), 313-318. https://doi.org/10.3126/nmcj.v21i4.27629
Research most notable
1) VinodMahato, R., Gyawali, P., Raut, P. P., Regmi, P., Singh, K. P., Pandeya, D. R., & Gyawali, P. (2011). Association between glycaemic control and serum lipid profile in type 2 diabetic patients: Glycated haemoglobin as a dual biomarker.
2) Gyawali, P., & Richards, R. S. (2015). Association of altered hemorheology with oxidative stress and inflammation in metabolic syndrome. Redox Report, 20(3), 139-144.
Publications in ePrints
Hinwood, Madeleine and Ilicic, Marina and Gyawali, PrajwalORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0975-5576 and Kluge, Murielle Gabriela and Coupland, Kirsten and Smith, Angela and Nilsson, Michael and Walker, Frederick Rohan (2020) Exploration of stress management interventions to address psychological stress in stroke survivors: A protocol for a scoping review. BMJ Open, 10 (3):e035592.
Gyawali, Prajwal ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0975-5576 and Hinwood, Madeleine and Chow, Wei Zhen and Kluge, Murielle and Ong, Lin Kooi and Nilsson, Michael and Walker, Frederick Rohan (2020) Exploring the relationship between fatigue and circulating levels of the pro-inﬂammatory biomarkers interleukin-6 and C-reactive protein in the chronic stage of stroke recovery: a cross-sectional study. Brain, Behavior, & Immunity- Health, 9:100157.
Gyawali, Prajwal ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0975-5576 and Chow, Wei Zhen and Hinwood, Madeleine and Kluge, Murielle and English, Coralie and Ong, Lin Kooi and Nilsson, Michael and Walker, Frederick Rohan (2020) Opposing associations of stress and resilience with functional outcomes in stroke survivors in the chronic phase of stroke: A cross-sectional study. Frontiers in Neurology, 11:230.
Lillicrap, Thomas and Keragala, Charithani B. and Draxler, Dominik F. and Chan, Jilly and Ho, Heidi and Harman, Stevi and Niego, Be’eri and Holliday, Elizabeth and Levi, Christopher R. and Garcia-Esperon, Carlos and Spratt, Neil and Gyawali, PrajwalORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0975-5576 and Bivard, Andrew and Parsons, Mark W. and Montaner, Joan and Bustamante, Alejandro and Cadenas, Israel Fernandez and Cloud, Geoffrey and Maguire, Jane M. and Lincz, Lisa and Kleinig, Timothy and Attia, John and Koblar, Simon and Hamilton-Bruce, Monica Anne and Choi, Philip and Worrall, Bradford B. and Medcalf, Robert L. (2020) Plasmin Generation Potential and Recanalization in Acute Ischaemic Stroke; an Observational Cohort Study of Stroke Biobank Samples. Frontiers in Neurology, 11:589628. pp. 1-4. ISSN 1664-2295
Chow, Wei Zhen and Ong, Lin Kooi and Kluge, Murielle G. and Gyawali, PrajwalORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0975-5576 and Walker, Frederick R. and Nilsson, Michael (2020) Similar cognitive deficits in mice and humans in the chronic phase post-stroke identified using the touchscreen-based paired-associate learning task. Scientific Reports, 10:19545.