Dr Kamrun Nahar
|Position||Lecturer (Water Engineering)|
|Section||School of Civil Engineering and Surveying|
|Phone||+61 7 4631 1733|
|Qualifications||BScCivEng Rajshahi , PhD UNSW|
The views expressed on staff homepages may not reflect the views of the University.
Fields of Research (FoR)
Water Quality Engineering
Environmental Engineering Modelling
Water Resources Engineering
Air Pollution Modelling And Control
Water Resources Engineering
• Environmental contaminants, systems and impacts
• Contaminant fate and transport modelling
• Water quality monitoring
• Sustainability and environmental management
Australasian Association for Engineering Education
Australasian Fluid & Thermal Engineering Society
Society for Engineering in Agriculture
Sustainable Engineering Society
Currently teaching courses/programs
ENV3103 - Environmental Pollution
ENV2902 - Hydraulics Practice
ENG2909 - Work Experience - Associate
ENV3104 – Hydraulics II
ENG2002 – Technology, Sustainability and Society
ENV4204 – Environmental Technology
Research most recent
1. Craig IP, and Nahar K. “What environmental/sustainable engineering (SEng) subjects should be taught at University” The
Sustainable Engineering Society (SENG) conference, Adelaide, 9-10 Sept 2015.
2. Nahar K, and Niven RK, “Investigation of glyphosate in environmental samples from genetically modified canola farmland in
Parks, NSW, Australia”AusBiotech National Conference, Gold Coast, 29-31 Oct 2014.
3. Nahar K, and Niven RK. “Glyphosate contaminated site investigation using a low-cost analytical technique “Australia & New
Zealand Student & Young Professional Congress 2014 (ANZSCON 2014), Queensland, 3-5 July 2014.
4. Nahar K, Niven RK, Pearson S, Badek K, Riesen H and Rahman AFM. “Glyphosate in waters and soils from genetically modified
canola cultivation in Parkes, NSW, Australia “Society for Engineering in Agriculture (SEAg) Conference: Innovative Agricultural
Technologies for a Sustainable Future, Mandurah, WA, Australia, 22-25 September 2013.
5. Nahar K, Niven, RK, Pearson S, Badek, K, Riesen H, and Rahman AFM. “Sorption and desorption of glyphosate on Australian soils
cultivated with genetically modified canola” Sorption Reversibility session, Environment Division, 245th ACS National Meeting &
Exposition, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 7-11, 2013.
Publications in ePrints
Nahar, Kamrun and Chowdhury, Rezaul (2019) Effectiveness of flipped classroom model in distance learning. In: 30th Annual Conference for the Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE 2019), 8-11 Dec 2019, Brisbane, Australia.
Nahar, Kamrun and Niven, Robert K. and Pearson, Stuart and Badek, Kate and Riesen, Hans and Rahman, A. F. Mokhlesur (2013) Glyphosate in waters and soils from genetically modified canola cultivation in Parkes, NSW, Australia. In: SEAg 2013: Innovative Agricultural Technologies for a Sustainable Future, 22-24 Sept 2013, Barton, Western Australia.