Assoc Prof Belal Yousif
|Position||Associate Professor (Mechanical Engineering)|
|Section||School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering|
|Phone||+61 7 4631 5331|
|Qualifications||MScMEng UKM , PhD Multimedia Uni|
Arabic (accredited translator)
The views expressed on staff homepages may not reflect the views of the University.
Fields of Research (FoR)
Polymers and Plastics
Other Physical Sciences
Applied Mechanics, Tribology, Polymeric Composites, Natural fibres
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Members of the Editorial Board
International Journal of Precision Technology (IJPTECH)
International Journal of Surface Engineering and Interdisciplinary Materials Science-IJSEIMS
1. Guest Editor, for Materials and Design Journal (Ranked A), the special issue will be “Materials, Design, and Tribology which will be issued in Dec. 2012.
2. Member of editorial board of International Journal of Precision Technology, Inderscience, UK.
3. Member of editorial board of Int. Journal of Surface Engineering and Interdisciplinary Materials Science [IJSEIMS], US.
4. Guest Editor : International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management (IJMTM), Volume 17 - Issue 4 – 2009, Special Issue on Advances in Manufacturing Processes and Management Techniques, Guest Editors: Prof. V.C. Venkatesh and Belal F. Yousif, Inderscience
5. Guest Editor:, Volume 1, No. 2, 2009 Guest Editors: Prof. V.C. Venkatesh and Belal F. Yousif, International Journal of Precision Technology, Inderscience
6. Guest Editor for Special issue in International Journal of Material Production and Technology, 2008, Advances in Engineering Product Materials to enhance Manufacturing Processes, Inderscience.
USQ Research affiliations
Centre for Future Materials (CFM)
Currently teaching courses/programs
# MEC1201 - Engineering Materials
# MEC230 - Design of Machine elements
Research most recent
Azwa, Z.N., Yousif, B.F. Physical and mechanical properties of bamboo fibre/polyester composites subjected to moisture and hygrothermal conditions (2019) Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications, 233 (6), pp. 1065-1079.
Albdiry, M.T., Yousif, B.F. Toughening of brittle polyester with functionalized halloysite nanocomposites (2019) Composites Part B: Engineering, 160, pp. 94-109
Alshammari, F.Z., Saleh, K.H., Yousif, B.F., Alajmi, A., Shalwan, A., Alotaibi, J.G. The influence of fibre orientation on tribological performance of jute fibre reinforced epoxy composites considering different mat orientations (2018) Tribology in Industry, 40 (3), pp. 335-348.
Research most notable
Yousif, B.F. Design of newly fabricated tribological machine for wear and frictional experiments under dry/wet condition
(2013) Materials and Design, 48, pp. 2-13.
Publications in ePrints
Al-lwayzy, Saddam H. and Yusaf, Talal and Saleh, Khalid and Yousif, Belal (2019) The influence of emulsified water fuel containing fresh water microalgae on diesel engine performance, combustion, vibration and emission. Energies, 12 (13 - Article 2546). pp. 1-17.
Albdiry, M. T. and Yousif, B. F. (2019) Toughening of brittle polyester with functionalized halloysite nanocomposites. Composites Part B: Engineering, 160. pp. 94-109. ISSN 1359-8368
Alshammari, F. Z. and Saleh, K. H. and Yousif, B. F. and Alajmi, A. and Shalwan, A. and Alotaibi, J. G. (2018) The influence of fibre orientation on tribological performance of jute fibre reinforced epoxy composites considering different mat orientations. Tribology in Industry, 40 (3). pp. 335-348. ISSN 0354-8996
Khan, Ziaullah and Yousif, B. F. and Islam, Mainul (2017) Fracture behaviour of bamboo fiber reinforced epoxy composites. Composites Part B: Engineering, 116. pp. 186-199. ISSN 1359-8368
Alotaibi, J. G. and Yousif, B. F. (2016) Biolubricants and the potential of waste cooking oil. In: Ecotribology, research developments. Materials Forming, Machining and Tribology. Springer, Switzerland, pp. 125-143. ISBN 978-3-319-24005-3