Assoc Prof Ahmed Haidar
|Position||Adjunct Associate Professor|
|Section||School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering|
Fields of Research (FoR)
Electrical and Electronic Engineering not elsewhere classified
1. Smart electricity grids
2. Renewable energy integration
3. Intelligent power system control and optimization
4. Power quality, security, and reliability
Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Senior Member, International Association of Computer Science & Information Technology (IACSIT)
Registered Professional Engineer, Institution of Engineers Australia (IEA)
Research most recent
1. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Kashem M. Muttaqi, Mehrdad Tarafdar Hagh, “A Coordinated Control Approach for DC link and Rotor Crowbars to Improve Fault Ride-Through of DFIG based Wind Turbine”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 53, No. 4, July/August 2017.
2. M. Askaria, M. Moghavvemi, Haider A. F. Almurib, Ahmed M. A. Haidar, “Soft Constrained Finite Horizon Model Predictive Control”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. PP, No. 99. 2017.
3. Ahmed M. A. Haidar, Chellali Benachaiba, Norhuzaimin Julai, MohamedFareq AbdulMalek, “Parameters Extraction Of Unified Power Quality Conditioner On The Calculation Of A Membership Function”, International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Vol. 9, No. 2, June 2017.
4. Ahmed M. A. Haidar, Al-Khalid bin Hj Othman, Luiz A. C. Lopes, “Flexibility-based Anti-islanding Protection of a Microgrid Integrated with Power Grid”, the 5th IEEE International Conference on Smart Energy Grid Engineering, 2017, Oshawa, Canada.
Research most notable
1. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Kashem Muttaqi, “Behavioral Characterization of Electric Vehicle Charging Loads in a Distribution Power Grid through Modeling of Battery Chargers”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 52, No. 1, 2016.
2. N. Jaalam. N.A Rahima, A.H.A. Bakara, ChiaKwang Tan, Ahmed M.A. Haidar, “A Comprehensive Review of Synchronization Methods for Grid-connected Converters of Renewable Energy Source”, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 59, 1471–1481, 2016.
3. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Kashem Muttaqi, M. H. Haque “Multi-stage Time-variant EV Load Modeling for Capturing Accurate EV Behavior and EV Impact on Electricity Distribution Grids”, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Vol. 9, Issue 16, 2015, p. 2705 – 2716.
4. Hikma Shabani, Ahmed M. A. Haidar, Norhuzaimin Julai, Musse M. Ahmed, P.R.P Hoole, Majdi Marai, “Adaptive Algorithm for Optimal Route Configuration in Multi-Hop Wireless Sensor Network”, International Journal of Control Theory and Application, Vol. 10, No. 16, 2017.
5. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Kashem M. Muttaqi, “Effects of PEV Penetration on Voltage Unbalance”, Springer Singapore, Plug-In Electric Vehicles in Smart Grid, Book Chapter 10, 279 – 307, 2015.
6. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Kashem M. Muttaqi, Danny Soetanto, “Technical Challenges for Electric Power Industries due to Grid-Integrated Electric Vehicles in Low Voltage Distributions: A review”, Energy Conversion and Management, 86, 689–700, 2014.
7. Mehrdad T. Hagh, Kashem M. Muttaqi, Danny. Sutanto, M. S. A. Hossain, Ahmed M. A. Haidar, “Improving Fault Ride-through Capability of Doubly-fed Induction Generator based Wind Generators by Bridge-type Superconducting Fault Current Limiter”, 50th International Universities Power Engineering Conference, 1st - 4th September, Staffordshire University, UK, 2015.
8. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Majid Al-Dabbagh, “The Influences of T-Joint Core Design on the No Load Losses in Transformers”, IEEE Potentials Magazine, 32 (3), 2013.
9. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Chellali Benachaiba, “Software Interfacing of Servo Motor with Microcontroller”, Journal of Electrical Systems, 9-1, 84-99, 2013.
10. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Muhammad F. M. Senan, Faisal A. F. Ibrahim, “Utilization of Micro Hydro Generation in Domestic and Commercial Loads”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 16, pp. 518–524, 2012.
11. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Priscilla N. John, Mohd Shawal, “Optimal Configuration Assessment of Renewable Energy in Malaysia”, Renewable Energy, 36, 881–888, 2011.
12. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, M.W. Mustafa, Faisal Ibrahim, Ibrahim A. Ahmed, “Transient Stability Evaluation of Electrical Power System Using Generalized Regression Neural Networks”, Applied Soft Computing, 11, 3558–3570, 2011.
13. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Azah Mohamed, and Aini Hussain, “Vulnerability Control of Large Scale Interconnected Power System Using Neuro-fuzzy Load Shedding Approach”, Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, 37, pp. 3171–3176, 2010.
14. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Azah Mohamed, Federico Milan, “A Computational Intelligence-based Suite for Vulnerability Assessment of Electrical Power Systems”, Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, 18, 533–546, 2010.
15. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Azah Mohamed, Aini Hussain, Norazila Jaalam, “Artificial Intelligence Application to Malaysian Electrical Power System”, Expert Systems with Applications, 37, 5023–5031, 2010.
16. Ahmed M.A. Haidar, Azah M., Majid Al-Dabbagh, Aini H., Mohammad Masoum, “An Intelligent Load Shedding Scheme Using Neural Networks and Neuro-Fuzzy”, International Journal of Neural Systems, World Scientific, 19(6), 473–479, 2009.
Publications in ePrints
Haidar, Ahmed M. A. and Muttaqi, Kashem M. and Hagh, Mehrdad Tarafdar (2017) A coordinated control approach for DC link and rotor crowbars to improve fault ride-through of DFIG based wind turbines. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, PP (99). ISSN 0093-9994
Haidar, Ahmed M. A. and bin Hj Othman, Al-Khalid and Lopes, Luiz A. C. (2017) Flexibility-based anti-islanding protection of a microgrid integrated with power grid. In: 5th IEEE International Conference on Smart Energy Grid Engineering (SEGE 2017) , 14-17 Aug 2017 , Oshawa, Canada .
Haidar, Ahmed M. A. and Benachaibab, Chellali and Julaia, Norhuzaimin and Malek, Mohamed Fareq Abdul (2017) Parameters extraction of Unified Power Quality Conditioner on the calculation of a membership function. International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, 9 (2). pp. 244-258. ISSN 2085-6830
Askari, M. and Moghavvemi, M. and Almurib, Haider A. F. and Haidar, Ahmed M. A. (2017) Stability of soft constrained finite horizon model predictive control. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, PP (99). ISSN 0093-9994
Jaalam, N. and Rahim, N. A. and Bakar, A. H. A. and Tan, ChiaKwang and Haidar, Ahmed M. A. (2016) A comprehensive review of synchronization methods for grid-connected converters of renewable energy source. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 59. pp. 1471-1481. ISSN 1364-0321
Approved research supervisor in the area of:
Electrical and Electronic Engineering not elsewhere classified